Lately I’ve been trying to decide something very important. Earth-shattering, really. I mean, like the scientists in their laboratories will be amazed. I just can’t help it, though. I have been trying to decide between:
a Blendtec and a Vitamix
I know. You all are impressed, as well. Kidding. Seriously. And honestly, it’s not that I have a ton of cash lying around to run out and get one! (So anyone planning to break in tonight, think again.)
But I’m saving my pennies and hope to get my new baby soon. Before I do, I have to figure out which one is better.
My mama recently loaned me her Blendtec. And I love it. I have used it several times a day, every day. I’ve made smoothies and frappes and larabars and all kinds of stuff!
Aside from these and the babyfood, dressings, daquiris and other liquid-y items these babies blend up, I have heard you can also make:
- scrambled eggs
- grind grains
- make breads (batters, doughs, etc.)
- exfoliating masks
- doggie treats
What?? That’s pretty impressive! And something my lil’ ol’ KitchenAid blender can only dream of accomplishing for me!
So it’s between these two:
- Am I missing out on the Vitamix?
- Is the Vitamix quieter? Is the tamper really helpful? (Recently I stuck a wooden spoon too far down in my mama’s Blendtec – oops!!)
- Is the Blendtec worth the extra money for the extra pitcher?
- How often do you use it? I mean, like after the honeymoon is over and the kids are all screaming and you’re running late to get out the door and your beautiful baby is sitting on the counter…or under a cabinet. Lay it on me.
- What are your fave recipes? Have you ever made doggie biscuits? Cause if you have, I’m intrigued and a little grossed out. =)
So I need to hear from all you Vitamix/Blendtec people. And if any of you are so lucky as to have one of each…well, let’s just say you need to leave a comment for sure!