Growing up salads just weren’t all that…yummy to me. Now, it’s almost like a game: what else can I pile on? I love how every bite of last week’s taco salad tasted of salsa dressing, avocado, jalapeno, cilantro, taco meat, cheese, organic tortilla chips, etc. I’m just sad I was out of my sour cream!
This week I’ll be making my version of the Fuji Apple Chicken Salad, oh baby! (Oh, and if you’re not sure what this “On The Menu” is all about, click here for the intro – and a bunch of menu ideas!)
I also may or may not have thrown some more sourdough French toast on the menu. Don’t judge. I also may or may not lick my plate clean from all the maple syrup.
- Homemade yogurt with fruit and homemade granola
- Eggs (scrambled, Western omelette, garden fresh omelette, cheese-y omelette, etc.)
- Soaked sourdough French toast with maple syrup
- Salad jars (enough for two meals)
- Homemade veggie soup from the freezer (enough for two meals)
- Fresh hummus with veggies, organic chips and salsa
- Turkey sandwiches
- Grilled chicken paninis with spinach and avocado
- Meatloaf, baked potatoes, southern bbq green beans (enough for two meals)
- Spaghetti with homemade marinara meat sauce and quinoa or pasta – for the hubs (enough for two meals)
- Roasted turkey with butternut squash and green beans (enough for two meals)
- Hamburgers with homemade buns, sweet potato fries (enough for one meal)
Anybody got a great recipe for meatloaf? I’m looking for a new one!