Physical intimacy. Was there ever a topic that created more curiosity, frustration, pleasure, and joy? These days there is so much information available on how to have better physical intimacy, though some of it causes pain and provides opportunities for sinful temptations.
The fact of the matter is, we will all be curious or have questions at some point in our lives, right? Our bodies change. We get older. We gain weight. We lose weight. We have a baby (or multiple babies at once!). We have busy seasons. And we have sad seasons. Over the course of our lives, physical intimacy can change quite drastically.
Physical intimacy is one of the most basic, God-given, beautiful, simple (and yet complex) aspects of our married lives. It is an area (like most!) where we desperately need wisdom, guidance, and patience. We also need creativity, flexibility (no pun intended ), and a desire to bless. When one or more of these elements begin lagging, we often notice challenges within the realm of physical intimacy. Right?
Think about it…when was the last time that things went well for you when you were impatient, selfish, etc.? Probably not a memory that you enjoy. But consider a time when you were motivated out of a desire to bless your hubby, were creative, and patient. Probably a memory you do enjoy.
Sometimes we just get stuck in a rut of not knowing what needs “help,” though. In those times, what a blessing to have some resources handy for whatever season in which you find yourself! Below are 26 different resources (DIY, posts, series, books) intended to help you have better physical intimacy – something God wants for you, as well!
26 Resources for Better Physical Intimacy
Loving Our Husbands
- Valuing Our Husbands’ Need for Physical Intimacy by Smithspirations
- Wives: How to Make Time for S*x in Your Marriage by The Chaos and The Clutter
- How to Encourage the Man in Your Life- Chapter 6: Encouraging Your Husband through S*x and Romance by The Joy of Homemaking
- Natural Childbirth: Changes In Sex Life by Diary of a First Child
- Guest Post by Laura Catone: Intimacy and Diastasis by Fit 2 B Studio Blog
- “In The Mood” Massage Oil by Natural Living Mamma
- Coconut Oil for Intimate Uses by Hybrid Rasta Mama
- 13 Ways for New Parents to Rekindle the Romance by Growing Up Triplets
- Never Give Up by The Romantic Vineyard
- Intimacy in Marriage by Paradise Praises
- Marriage Intimacy On The Menu by The Romantic Vineyard
- 13 Things Your Spouse Won’t Tell You by Paradise Praises
- Better Sex? Do You Want That? by The Romantic Vineyard
- The Three Things You Can Change in Your Marriage by Love, Laughter, Forever After
- Sexual Stewardship by The Romantic Vineyard
- Celebrate Love by Lemon Lime Adventures
- The Lazy Lover Syndrome by The Romantic Vineyard
Romancing Your Hubby
- Ingredients for a Romantic Date Night at Home by Meet Penny
- 16 Ways to Romance Your Husband, Even When Breastfeeding a Little One by Breastfeeding Place
Books to Strengthen Your Marriage and Develop Better Physical Intimacy
- What Did You Expect? by Paul Tripp
- Intended for Pleasure by Ed Wheat
- Sacred Marriage: What If God Designed Marriage to Make Us Holy More than to Make Us Happy by Gary Chapman
- Marriage Matters by Winston T. Smith
- Sex, Romance, and the Glory of God by C.J. Mahaney
- Sweethearts for a Lifetime by Wayne Mack
- Sex and the Supremacy of Christ by John Piper and Justin Taylor
What resources have helped you and your spouse to have better physical intimacy?